His Strength, My Strength

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Aaaaaaand take two...

So it's been a few weeks but I just wanted to give a quick update on what's been going on at USC!

- A girl named Melody gave her life to Christ a couple weeks ago!! We had a 3 hour dinner and I shared the gospel with her and we talked about a lot of hard things, but by the end of it she was ready to commit!! God is so good :)

- I walked by one of the dorms last week and there was a guy who was yelling the Tarzan call "OOOWWAAAAOOOHHHHH" (spelling??) and saying "TARZAN LIVES!!! have fun in class" and it made me laugh out loud and love the fact that I work at a college campus

- I've experienced some heartache as well because 2 of the girls from last year are taking steps to walk away from their relationship with Christ and I have been sharing truth with them but they seem set on doing things their own way. Sometimes I really wish I had the power to change hearts, but thankfully God does, as it says in Proverbs 21:1, "The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD; he directs it like a watercourse wherever he pleases."

- got to see a "performance piece" yesterday in front of Tommy Trojan as a guy was "showing" the campus the divide between being 100% connected to the world at all times through texting, email and Facebook, but how we've never been more isolated, like there's an invisible wall between people. He "demonstrated" this by having a door frame with a plastic door and running into it over and over and over and over. It was pretty awesome.

and that is just a taste of life at USC!! I'll update later!!

fight on

1 comment: