His Strength, My Strength

Monday, October 25, 2010

Catch-up

So it's been about a month since I last posted and I'm sorry, I'm going to try to be better at this! Still not used to the whole blogging thing, but I promise I'll get a handle on it :)

Well, many things to go through then! One of them was a very good friend of mine from my college days came out to visit for a couple weeks and it was great to see her again!! We were in my sorority and Christian Challenge together and she just finished law school in Hawaii and took a much-needed break from studying :) I took her on a tour of USC because even though it's only been three years since she was on campus, it's changed a lot! New campus center (thank you Ronald Tutor for donating a bazillion dollars for it!) and new cinema school, and she had never been in Heritage Hall!!! Only where we show off all our athletic trophies! So we made a pit stop there too :)


This is Amy with her favorite bike of all time, the Paul Frank giraffe bike :)

Then we also went by the bookstore and she got a few things because what is a trip to USC without going to the bookstore and checking out all the latest in Trojan fashion??


This was taken post-purchase...and yes we're pseudo-matching with the plaid and no, we didn't mean to!

And of the two times she came to USC to visit, we went to Chick Fil A both times!! Such yummy food :) and as is our custom, we both got the kid's meals :)


I love their chicken nuggets - it's the only thing I've gotten from them!!

We also went to Disneyland and had oodles of fun during Halloween-time!!


in front of Sleeping Beauty's castle...


in front of the HUGE Mickey pumpkin!!


Amy and I fighting on during the Tower of Terror ride, which we rode twice in a row because no line!! Gotta love Disneyland on a dreary day :)

We also watched the USC-Stanford game at one of the staffer's houses (thanks Jeremy and Katy!) and that's all I can really say about that. After the depressing game Amy, myself and another friend of ours Jessa all went to Yogurtland to drown our sorrows in fro yo...


At least I was surrounded by good company right??

Thus begins the first half of the update - the rest will come tomorrow about our annual Fall Discipleship Conference!!

1 comment:

  1. What an excellent update!!!! :-) I'm so glad everything worked out during my trip so I could visit! Ohb yeah good times! And I am also on the lookout for BSB tickets. :-D

    ReplyDelete