His Strength, My Strength

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Oops, I blame the summer time...

So I am so sorry I have not written in a while, I blame summer and the absence of my normal schedule, but really the blame lies with me :) I just need to make a schedule and stick to it. I've actually slept in almost every day till about 8am or sometimes even later - wow. I don't know what time "sleeping in" is for you, but anything past 8am is like "woah now..." so that's been alternately nice, just to relax and sleep in, but also annoying because then my whole day seems to be a bit off and not as productive as I would like. As I said, I just need to go to bed earlier (not 1am...) and wake up earlier!

This past weekend was really fun, with things I was doing every day! Friday afternoon and evening I went to Costa Mesa to drop off some things for my boss because he is at Project Impact (that summer discipleship training program I've been blessed to do twice!). So I hung out there for a bit because I love that place (they're staying at Vanguard University) and I have SO MANY memories from there from 2 years ago when I was staff there :) I can't go over there without a gigantic smile on my face, just all the memories and people I fell in love with over there, just loverly...... :) here's a few pics for a flashback!


This is when we went to Little Ethiopia for a world prayer night, and the food was DELICIOUS!!


on our tour of Hollywood, and we were at a lookout point for the Hollywood sign, and this is a pic of everyone who wore sunglasses that day - oh yeah...


This was 4th of July, and while I was practicing my skateboarding skillz, they got hold of my camera and took OVER FIFTY pictures...all like this...it was pretty hilarious going through it later though!!

So that was Friday afternoon, and the students had not arrived yet, that came on Saturday, but it was all the leaders and about half of them are from USC! So then I left them and ventured over to Main Street in Huntington Beach to look at Huntington Surf & Sport and Jack's Surfboards because they were having a mondo sale and I just had to check it out, no really, I did! My mission was to find a long wetsuit and find out what size I am, which I DID so that was tres exciting!! Now all I need is to find one :)


This one could work...


...or I could get this one and really be subtle as I'm out on those waves :)

Then Saturday I wen to a Bachelorette party for one of my best friends from high school, Katelin, and it was a crAAAzy party let me tell you! We ate, made wedding dresses out of toilet paper, made Katelin stuff jumbo marsh mellows into her face if she got a question about her fiance wrong, and the other stuff we did, well, I can't really disclose that...it was fun though! I was a dork and forgot to bring my camera so I think Katelin is putting pictures up on her blog tomorrow and I'll snag some :)

Then Sunday was a great time at church and then over to Playa Del Rey to hang with my sister Heidi, brother Mark and some other friends of ours. It was good food and good company, so all in all delicious times!!

Whew! I think that was everything, oh, except for yesterday, when I had a mini-bbq with two friends of mine because one of them is house-sitting for mutual friends of ours, and I don't think he likes being alone all the time, so we had ribs and steak and garlic bread and bbq flavored chips and corn (well, they had corn, I hate the stuff) and I think that was all, oh, and watermelon too :) So it was a fun night!!

Hope your weekends were great and somewhat relaxing and tomorrow I'll let you know the schedule I came up with for summer Christian Challenge, so stay tuned :)



and here is the funny of the day:

2 comments:

  1. court thank you so much again for coming, it was so much fun!! and yeah you basically summed it up, some things just can't be shared on a blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha haa, agreed Katelin!! It was pretty fun and awesome though! Thanks for the great times and hilarious memories!! It was also really cool to meet all your Denison friends that I've heard so much about - they all seem super cools, way to be a stud ;) can't wait to read your blog tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete