His Strength, My Strength

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Back to the daily grind

Got back a few days ago from Hawaii and now I have to deal with life after vacation, which is no fun when your days would consist of beach, pool, food, sleep, repeat, day after day :)

But you know one thing I realized?? As I was chillaxing in the Aloha state I was just amazed at God's creation. I mean, I always love looking around and seeing God at work daily, but when you go somewhere where you can't possibly ignore His creativity it's simply awesome to see His hand every second of every day. The beaches were gorgeous, the views were spectacular and the scenery was beautiful.


This is Waipi'o beach, which is a black sand beach, that's right, BLACK SAND!! It was so awesome :)


This is my cousin David and I at a waterfall, which would normally be a double waterfall but it was a dry season...


This is the view from the hotel lobby and it was so refreshing to see this every day!


We even saw random horses on the way to one of the black sand beaches!! Thanks God for that little fun sight to see :)

Another cool thing is that I was reading in Exodus during my time in Hawaii and it was right at the part about the 10 plagues on Egypt. God just showed me more deeply just how powerful He can be with the double whammy of the plagues and His mighty creation. I mean, if you think about it, we don't even see all of God's power, we just get a glimpse of it from His Word and through our lives but He is capable of SO MUCH MORE!!

Eph. 3:20-21 says it best, "Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen."

Now, whenever anyone brings up the 10 plagues most people think about the movie The Ten Commandments with Charlton Heston as Moses:



I'm not bagging on the movie, it's a great depiction really, but the Bible is so much more gripping I think! When I read it this time I was annoyed at how hard-hearted the Pharaoh was being towards Moses and all the people, but then I realized, if the Pharaoh had let the Israelites go at the very beginning, then there would be no record of what all God can do! Because of the Pharaoh's stubbornness, we get a picture of some of the things God can do for all eternity!! That is just plain cool. God always has a plan you know, even if it makes no sense this side of eternity :)

So I would encourage you to take a walk outside and just marvel at God's creation and His ingenuity. Even people-watching can be fun because everyone is so different! I hope you're having a great day today and until next time!



And here is one of my favorite Sportscenter commercials for your enjoyment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment