His Strength, My Strength

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Orange Crush...crushed...

So the World Cup of futbol is over and now Americans can go back to not caring about soccer until the next one. I include myself in that, and I'm sorry but it's true. I don't watch MLS but the second you put an international spin to it, like curling in the Olympics, then I am down. That being said, I am still sad it's gone. For once everyone was actually interested in something, and that even with the USA out of commission! The finals were Sunday between Spain and the Netherlands and even though I missed them (was at church, just a bit more important :) I got to see the highlights and I am sad to say that my team in orange did not win...again. The Netherlands have now been to the finals THREE times and no dice. Ah well, next time chaps! Below are some pics of the teams:


I love this one, it's of the semi-finals when Netherlands played Uruguay and the positions these players get themselves into is just awesome


people asked me why I was rooting for the Dutch and this picture says it all, I mean, they all wore BRIGHT ORANGE!! who else was I going to root for?? Any team that recognizes the amazing-ness of orange deserves my love and support, so come all future international competitions, I am rooting for them unless they play the USA :)


This was the game-winning shot by Spain and they won 1-0, after 120 minutes of play. Soccer seriously needs more points per goal...

So well done Spain, you did outplay the Netherlands, and in your honor here is your logo, which, incidentally, a friend of mine sent me right after the game. He shall remain nameless, but his name rhymes with the last name of Keyser Soze...



But you know what?? Even though my team lost, I can console myself with the AMAZING news I got from my doctor on Thursday!! I saw him and we decided to take myself OFF my infusion medication!! I've been on it since the summer of 2004 with only a 6 week break, and now I get to be off it for the immediate future!! I made sure this was a good move, asking my doc if this was a normal course of action for patients who showed remission and he said yes, so that means we're a go!



Now, I don't know how long this honeymoon will last with me being off THREE out of my normal four medications in one year, but I'll just cross that bridge when I get to it. God is good no matter the circumstances, no matter if I'm in terrible pain or wonderful joy. He saw me through my years of pain and if and when they come back, He'll see me through those as well.

Plus, not only do I have that news to console myself BUT I also got into the show "Glee" over the weekend because one of my roommates has the first half of the season and I'm hopelessly addicted now :)




And now, for the funny of the day :)

2 comments:

  1. so excited for you being taken off the infusion med, i know i already told you but that's great court.

    and yay for glee! so glad you are a fan now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah you would root for a team based on their orangeness. :-P i didn't watch ANY of the games. sigh. studying is no fun.

    yay for no infusions!!!

    you mean you didn't watch Glee before? gasp! i'm so glad you are watching now! i absolutely LOVE the humor. some of the one liners are priceless.

    ReplyDelete