His Strength, My Strength

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Holiday season!

It's here, it's finally here!! It's the Holiday Season!!!! Christmas music, Christmas goodies, Christmas desserts, Christmas colors and scents and yet it's still about a month away. Thanksgiving is here though, and it can't come fast enough! I am super looking forward to the delectable food, the couple days off and and then the rush to Christmas!

In my last post I discussed Harry Potter and I saw it at 12:20am on Thursday night/Friday morning. We had our large group Christian Challenge meeting that night, so my friend and fellow staffer Lindsay left right away with a couple students to save us seats in line while I and another girl stayed behind because I had to tear down my area. So we left and got to L.A. Live at about 9:30 and had a looooooong time to wait!! The girls we took were seeing the 12:10am showing, so they were in a different line. Lindsay and I just chilled for a good while, chatting with all the other Potter nerds around us, I was falling asleep, then it was time to go in!


I wore my Harry Potter Griffyndor/USC scarf :)

Thankfully Lindsay was a forward-thinker and got us a diet coke and sour patch kids to keep our sugar up and our eyes open! I was fine during and even after the film, was wide awake at 3am, but before the movie I was fading fast.


We were in line for a long time - we took to making faces for the camera to pass the time :)

It was amazing though and I am definitely going to see it again!! I think the most fun part came from driving home at 3:30am, because the freeways were CLEAR!! As in, no cars in front of me on the 10 freeway at all - which of course only happens at that time, so that was pretty fun.

Saturday was USC's community service day called Friends & Neighbors Day. You can sign up to help out local non-profits and some of my friends from Challenge did one that was feeding the homeless, and at first I was scheduled to do that one with them, but it was like 7 Challenge peeps and I thought that was quite enough, seeing as how the whole idea for us doing it is to spread ourselves thin and meet new students. It wasn't their fault either. It was 2 small groups that chose the same one independently! So I changed to walking dogs at a place called Bark Avenue :) I went with a freshman in Challenge and got to meet a couple new people so it was really fun! It was just a LOT of walking. We walked to the place which was pretty close, but then we walked dogs for about 2.5 hours! They needed help because they're under-staffed and they want to make sure all the dogs get enough exercise so we helped out :)


Maddie with Othello, the dog I spent the most time with, although he also had some digestive issues....


Adorable pic of one of my favorites, Hollister - he was a bit tired by this point :)

So this weekend was really fun, and I cannot wait until tomorrow because that will mean just ONE more day until Turkey Day!!! As for me, I'm most looking forward to the stuffing, sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie! I love all things pumpkin and I made pumpkin brownies the other night and they were delicious - YUM!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!


just had to show another photo of Hollister - I mean, just look at this face!!! so much cuteness here, I can't help but smile when I see this one



1 comment: