His Strength, My Strength

Monday, October 17, 2011

12 is an awesome number


I have decided that 12 is an extremely awesome number. Why you ask? Why 12, of all the other numbers out there? Why is 12 now so special? Here are some fun facts about the number 12:

- it's Tom Brady's number, and he's a pretty good qb... (it's also Andrew Luck's number, but he's lame so I don't count him)

- it's the name of a Russian film from 2007 that is a loose re-make of 12 Angry Men

- it's the largest number with a single-morpheme name in English

- it's the atomic number for magnesium in the periodic table

- the average human has 12 cranial nerves

- has to do with the 12 tribes of Israel and the 12 disciples of Jesus

- there are 12 days of Christmas

- there are 12 months in a year

- 12 people have walked on the moon


lastly,


- it's also the number of my current sedimentation rate!!!!! My sedimentation rate, or sed rate for short, is a basic barometer of how my RA is doing b/c it measures inflammation in my joints. The normal adult's range is between 10-20 and mine have usually been upwards of 50. In the summer it was a 69, then it was a 44 and just last week found out it is now a TWELVE!!! Now do you see the amazingness that is the number 12?? Now, I know my sed rate will continue to fluctuate the rest of my life, but I will enjoy having it at a 12 for right now :)

yay 12!!!!

and now here is the funny of the day:


No comments:

Post a Comment