His Strength, My Strength

Monday, February 27, 2012

Summer Plans!!

So I finally know what I am doing this summer!! And yes, due to the fact that my job revolves around college ministry that means I still get summers :) usually I help out with our summer Christian Challenge or a few years ago I was staff at a discipleship training program called Project Impact in Costa Mesa, CA. but *this* summer will be different. Why, you ask? Well, it's because I will be going OVERSEAS!!!



It'll be my first time going overseas in order to share the gospel so I am really, really, really excited but also scared, because, you know, I've never been! It'll be a different country, different language, different culture, different food, different everything! But that is one of the coolest things about God, is that He is a global God and while I will need to learn how to share His good news differently wherever I am going, it's the same message as it is here in the US! The things that God is doing here are going to be the same things He is doing over there! It might look differently, but He is in the business of reconciling people to Himself, no matter where they are or who they are, and I cannot wait to be a part of that in a different location across the world!!

Now, I actually don't have any details as of yet because my team has yet to be finalized, but I *can* tell you that I will be going with some fellow Trojans in Challenge! That's really all I know at this point! We are hoping to have one more member added to our team in the next few days and once we get that settled, then we'll find out where we are going, for how long (usually 6 weeks but could be longer), how much it's going to cost (we are going to be raising support for this so it's going to be faith-growing exercise!!) and the like.

I am just excited to go because I have been wanting to go overseas for a long time but have not been able to for various reasons. I was even going to go last summer but then my lovely rheumatoid arthritis decided to flare up and along with the length it just wasn't going to work out. But now it is all falling into place and I am so looking forward to it! It still is scary, but God promised that He would never leave us or forsake us (Heb. 13:5) so who am I to tell Him that that promise isn't good enough for me? I know that it could be dangerous too, but heck, it's dangerous here in LA! From the driving to the smog to the area around USC, you never know! And that is not a good enough reason to say no to God either. If He wants me overseas, who am I to tell Him otherwise? It is safer to be in the center of God's will, wherever that is, than in my own version of safety.

So even though I don't know too many details, I trust God that He knows what He is doing! Once I know then I will let you know, all two of you who read this :)

and here is the funny of the day to hopefully leave you with a smile:



Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. eeee court that is awesome! can't wait to hear where you're going. so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww thanks Katelin!! I know, I am excited to find out where we'll be going b/c our team has yet to be finalized so they can't place us until that is set, so just waiting and waiting and waitinggggg....although, there is a lead on another possible member of my team so I am crossing my fingers that'll turn out well and then we can finally get some details!

    ReplyDelete