His Strength, My Strength

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

We have way too much fun together

So last night for Life group we had a fun night and lemme tell you, it was super awesome :) We started off with MILKSHAKES at a coffee house on campus unfortunately called "Ground Zero" (yes, it was named that before the other ground zero happened) but anyways they have amazing milkshakes, in fact, they're known for them. They have tons 'o swanky flavors, including Luke Chaiwalker (which is chai, gingerbread and something else and it's fantastic), or Everyday I'm Truffl-in (which is white chocolate raspberry truffle shake) and yours truly ordered a funfetti shake which included white chocolate, bits of cookie dough and rainbow sprinkles, and yes, it was exactly as yummy as it sounds. I would have a picture of it but I scarfed it down too fast so google image will have to suffice:



YES, JUST YES.

Then, once we had our sugar fill we headed over to one of the girl's rooms to play Apples to Apples. I love that game. Everybody loves that game. But you know what? Not everybody *has* the game. That would include both me and my awesome co-leader! We both thought the other had the game so alas, we were not able to play it BUT we played something perhaps even better - telephone pictionary. Yes, you read that correctly, it's a wonderful blend of the zaniness of telephone with the hilarity of trying to draw things that people come up with.



It's a great comedy of errors if you will. So we played two rounds of that before we called it a night. I took a picture of my set of cards, but it didn't come out too clearly, but know that it went from a girl trying to marry a man made out of movie tickets to Ray Charles giving candy to a baby :)

We had most of the girls show up and even one of my friends that has come to a few things in the past and it was a great time! Man, sometimes I have to pinch myself that I'm not dreaming, that I get to reach out to women on the USC campus and help them come to know Christ and grow in that relationship as my job!

I thought I was going to have news to share regarding my summer plans, but alas, I have to wait until Friday, but I do know that I will be traveling overseas somewhere with some people from USC!! yay! I'm scared but also really looking forward to it :)

and now here is the funny of the day:



OH! and before I forget, today is VERY special - you know why?? Because now we can purchase tickets to see Hunger Games when it comes out in theaters in THIRTY days!! ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! I am slightly obsessed with these books so I am very much looking forward to the movie, as in, I like to watch the trailer every few days...it's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment