His Strength, My Strength

Friday, April 30, 2010

Happy Friday!!!

Today is the last day of classes at USC, which means that the year is basically over. Next week are the Stop Days (the Mon and Tues of finals week, so called because no tests/projects can be due that day - you're supposed to "stop" and study...which most don't...) and then on the 14th is graduation!! Crazy times......

It being Friday means the weekend which I am happy about but it also means a busy couple days ahead of me. Tonight isn't bad, but tomorrow morning/afternoon I am going to Moorpark to get sized for a bridesmaid dress for August. The bride, my friend Jenn, grew up there and one of her old family friends is making the dresses herself!! So all the bridesmaids (minus one b/c she already did it) are heading over there tomorrow to get sized up - I'm super excited to see what the dress will look like! It's kelly green and we're wearing silver sandals. I was specifically told no orange nail polish.....

Then Saturday night is the Christian Challenge Senior Celebration!! We're going to the Spaghetti Factory in Fullerton to have dinner together and dress up and honor our seniors! Now I just have to figure out what to wear...

Sunday is my church's baptism right after church!! So excited about that because we've seen a lot of people come into the Kingdom this year and it's been amazing so I can't wait to celebrate with them!

Later that afternoon there is the wedding shower for Jenn and it's going to be a Mexican-themed fiesta!! She insisted on not having the typical wedding themed shower, which I like because now we get to have more fun :) plus, it's mostly her friends at this one so we don't need to be all formal. She is having her more wedding themed ones with her family at a later date. So that should be fun to just celebrate her new stage of life coming up!!

Whew!! If I'm still standing by Monday I'll be impressed with myself, and it doesn't really matter because I've already agreed to go surfing in the morning and then go to Disneyland with some students in the afternoon :) Now if *that* doesn't sound like the perfect day I don't know what will.



hope you have a great weekend and here is the funny of the day to bring you a smile (or a roll of the eyes :)

1 comment: