His Strength, My Strength

Monday, July 25, 2011

Harry Potter, I love you

Ok, so the last time I posted it was a mere three days before the end of Potter, and now I have already seen it twice (in one weekend no less, yes I am that much of a nerd) and I loved it. Some of my friends didn't like it because it deviated from the book but I liked it. I think the deviations keep it fresh in our minds as we won't know completely what to expect when we watch the final product on screen.

Why did I watch it twice in one weekend you ask? Well, the 17th was my mom's birthday so we took most of the family and some family friends to see it together. The only problem is that we went to a high-class theater in Pasadena, one that, let's just say the younger crowd doesn't frequent because the tickets are too expensive. So the crowds there are generally older and don't get as excited during movies. So I watched it with my friend Lindsay on opening night (fellow Potter enthusiast and also fellow staffer with me at USC Christian Challenge :) and we saw it at LA Live in downtown and the crowds there were a ton more fun, as I expected. There were clappings, hootin' and hollerin' and some sniffles in the theater that night. It was awesome. Yours truly cried a couple times, and at the same parts of the film both times I saw it. It was epic and action-packed but still packed an emotional wallop too. It was sad to say goodbye to some of my favorite characters over the years but it had to end at some time right? And whatta way to end it!!

Below is a link to pictures of the main Harry Potter stars with every premiere of each film, going back to 2011 all the way until this movie came out. They all look so cute in the beginning!! Such a great casting job...

http://www.empireonline.com/features/harry-potter-premieres

Now there is nothing to look forward to - no book, no movie, they're all done. So now all that's left is to re-read and re-watch the books and movies, which isn't a huge deal because they're just so darn readable :)

Thank you Harry Potter for being a great and engaging story. It was great growing with you for the last 10+ years!

No comments:

Post a Comment