His Strength, My Strength

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

IT'S COMING!!!

It is finally coming. The end. The final goodbye. The last hurrah if you will. I'm talking, of course, about Harry Potter. As it is the 12th of July we only have THREE more days until we finally get to see in movie form what we already know from the books (if you've read them) or what we've always hoped would happen if we've only seen the movies.

I have seen all the movies and read all the books and I tend to re-read them at random times and out of order. For instance, during July 4th weekend I was in Lake Arrowhead at my parent's cabin and they had Potter books 2 & 3 there so I re-read book 3 and I remember why it's one of my favorites. All the action, intrigue, revelations, etc. Actually, I love books 3 and 6 the best, the movies too for that matter. I mean, really, how amazing a feat is it to create an entire world with a different vocabulary and have it be so enticing to such a huge population??

I was writing some thank you notes the other day and I flipped my computer to youtube to put on some background music and I see a line at the top of the screen - "click here to see the Harry Potter world premiere live in London" ummm, WHAT?? So I click it and get to see Trafalgar Square transformed into a red carpet premiere with thousands upon thousands of fans waiting for even a hint of a glimpse of someone related to the movies to walk by. Some of the London-ers had been camping out for 3 days. That, my friends, is Star Wars mega-fan territory. I wouldn't personally do it, but hey, all the more power to them for doing so! But it was fun to watch for a while as I was writing notes and see the stars in their "normal" attire (normal is relative of course, b/c while they weren't in wizarding robes, they were also all gussied up for the event, so, yeah).

But just THREE DAYS people!! I just got my movie tickets, yes, I know I am late, but I still got tickets and thankfully the theater I'm going to doesn't have assigned seating, so as long as me and my equally-obsessed-with-all-things-Potter-friend Lindsay get there early, we should be fine. Plus, there are only 2 of us, we don't need to worry or coordinate with 10 people (which would be darn fun though, but alas a lot of our Potter friends are out of state right now).

So without further ado, I present you with the trailer for HP7.2, which, judging from the advance reviews, is gonna be a doozy:

http://youtu.be/I_kDb-pRCds

oh, did I mention that I'm seeing it twice opening weekend? Once on opening night of course, couldn't miss that, and again with family on Sunday for my mom's birthday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment