His Strength, My Strength

Monday, August 1, 2011

Recap of the summer


So I have about 2 weeks left until stuff for USC begins to start up again, so I thought I would reflect on this summer so far and give you some highlights:

- starting it off with a week in Lake Arrowhead, totally alone, as a personal retreat of-sorts and it was amazing. Even though the ride up there cost me about 5 years of my life (free tip: don't drive up a mountain late at night with really bad fog - it's absolutely terrifying)



- been raising more support and almost to my goal so please pray that I will reach my goal by Aug. 12th!!

- I've been able to meet up with a few of the girls in my small group from this past year and even found out that one of them turned from being a vegan to an all-out carnivore because, as she says, "being a vegan was just too hard" so now I don't have to look up vegan cookie recipes anymore!!
- I've seen Harry Potter 7.2 (twice and it was great), Midnight in Paris (surprisingly fun and good), X-Men: First Class (twice, really liked it!), Bridesmaids (ehhh, had some really funny parts but the raunchiness factor was a bit too much) and Pirates 4 (ehh, it was entertaining but nothing to write home about)



- went surfing once and it was amazing and fantastic and all sorts of wonderful. I hadn't been in almost a year due to my stupid RA coming back and being all unpredictable and I went with 2 good friends of mine and it was absolutely lovely. I couldn't stop smiling because it felt so great to get back out there and enjoy the waves!! Surfing is seriously becoming my favorite sport. I love Volleyball and all, and it's a heck of a lot easier to include people with a volleyball, and surfing is a somewhat expensive sport for all the equipment that is involved, but holy cow it is crazy fun and exhilarating, like woah. My dad loves the fact that I am getting more and more into it and he even got me a wetsuit! So now all I need is a board, so I'll be searching craigslist for that :)



- went to a beach bonfire for one of our fellow staffers, celebrating her 10 years being in California and with USC Christian Challenge :)



- attended the Hollywood Bowl and the theme was "Michael Feinstein and the singing stars of television" and while the host, Michael Feinstein, was a bit of a tool, the guests (Florence Henderson, aka Momma Brady, Cheyenne Jackson, Wayne Brady and my personal favorite, Dick Van Dyke!!!!) I love the HB, simply love it, I think it is bar none one of the coolest and most fun things to do in LA, to hear music under the stars :)



- Caught up with "Bones" season 5, now I just need to watch some season 6 and find out what happens next!



- had some good crying moments with God over my RA

- worked on assignments for my boss



- slept!!

And now the summer is officially over because tomorrow is USC's move-in day!!! So I'm hoping to get a chance to meet and get to know some new folks and help some of the older ones move in too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment