His Strength, My Strength

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Blog Catch-up

It has been a few days since my last post and I'm sorry about that! I am aiming for every Mon, Wed and Friday but it has proven more difficult than I thought. Anyways, let's re-cap last week shall we? I'll try to go super fast so it won't bore you too much...



Monday: Every other Monday night I meet with a group on campus called Tommy's Kitchen. It is run by one of the guys in Christian Challenge actually and there is themed food every time and we basically divide up into groups and make the dinner from scratch in the religious center (only spot on campus with a kitchen). We always have three courses: some kind of salad, usually 2 entrees and then a dessert. It is *super* fun because not only do I get to meet more students that way, but I get to learn how to cook too!! I found out that I love "chiffonade-ing" things, be it basil or spinach, or whatever - I think it's just fun to do and tastes great!



Anyways, this past Monday was "Souper Bowl Monday" and we were going to make 3 kinds of soups. Now, I don't know about you but soups don't really excite me, so I was actually going to skip it and just go home early. Then right as I am walking to my car I get a frantic call from the president, Victor, because he needs a ride to his apt, so I give him a ride and basically I decide to stay after all. Good life choice! Not only were all the soups delicious but I got to know one of the girls there a lot better so, again, I think God had a different and better plan for me that night!!

Tuesday: Not the best start to my day because I realize I lost my staff ID...again. I never dropped it in 4 years and now I lost it twice in one week!! What in the world...so I prayed about it, tried re-tracing all my steps, but no dice. I went into every building I even thought about and nothing, nada, zilch. Great. The replacement fee was $18 and it's not horrible or anything, but I also just didn't want to pay it so I let it go for one more day. But the BEST part about Tuesday was my dinner with Alex, a girl in my small group. We talked about where she is in her walk with God and how she has Turner Syndrome (medical disorder) and her thought processes with it. Now, that was not the cool part at all, but as she was talking, she was saying the very same things I went through with my own rheumatoid arthritis!! I told her some of my thoughts when my RA was bad and she said she felt the same way! Wow - I still don't know why exactly I have RA, but that conversation was one great benefit from it! I was able to connect with Alex on a much deeper level and show her she's not alone in this. Wow, it just amazed me with God's timing!

Okay, I think I've written a lot here and I'll break up the rest of the week!!

Finally, below is a picture of Apolo from the first short-track race in the Olympics this past Saturday night. He got the silver and another American, JR, got the bronze. I love the Olympics!!! (and Apolo too :)

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should get a card holder for your ID. :-)

    I want to learn to cook. My cooking skills are so sad.

    YAY Apolo picture post!!! What a great way to end your blog!

    ReplyDelete