His Strength, My Strength

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ode to my Tempur-pedic mattress

Oh Tempur-pedic mattress,
How I love thee.
You make my nights full of comfortable dreams
where I am content in my sleeping stupor.
You are always there for me,
Inviting me to a refreshing vacation of uninterrupted sleep
That makes me wake up for the day feeling refreshed.
You never get lumpy and you always fit to my exact specifications.
I make this ode to thee, my wonderful Tempur-pedic mattress,
And look forward to being with you for years to come.



This was actually inspired by a 2 minute presentation I had to give in college my senior year for a class. The prompt was to talk about something or someone I loved for 2 minutes - could be anything. I was racking my brain to think of something I could use (the obvious ones like friends and family seemed too trite) when it hit me in bed - my Tempur-pedic mattress!! Technically it's a mattress cover thing, but still, it works wonders. My dad got it for me my junior year of college thinking it would help me sleep better and oh my goodness he was right.

Incidentally, for my class, the rest of the people in it chose everything from their family to something random like I did to present. The guy who went before me talked about his dog that had since passed away - how it was the greatest dog in the world, how much he loved him and he even got a little choked up talking about him, which made all the girls in the class (myself included) get teary-eyed and when he sat down the entire class was quiet. Then I went up there and talked about my mattress that I love. Yeah, I felt pretty awesome. At least I still got a good grade though so while not the best placement, my prof liked it!



No comments:

Post a Comment