His Strength, My Strength

Friday, February 5, 2010

God's timing > my timing

Just this week I have had multiple examples of God having much better timing than me. Now, I know that God will always have better timing than me, but when it happens to me directly it just makes me smile and thank God that He knows what He's doing way better than I do!

This week on Wednesday I was planning on going to the gym later than usual (because I had my RA infusion that morning) and actually going to one of the gym classes like "Body Blast" or Yoga. The reason I could do this is because my weekly meetings on Wednesday nights for Challenge leadership (called Ministry Team) was canceled due to my boss being out of town. So I was all ready to go to Body Blast (have no idea what that would entail...) with two of the girls in my small group when I realized I didn't have my staff ID in my bag, or anywhere in my car, and I need it because it has a sticker for the gym. Much frustration ensued. Well fine, I thought, I guess I'll stick around later than I planned and I called a friend of mine in the dorms to see what she was up to and I headed over to her room. I brought some brownies with me (rocky road brownies - yummmmm!) because I wanted some of the girls to eat them because I knew if I kept them in my apt I'd have a brownie party of one and that would not be good for the 'ole body :)



So I went to Pardee Tower (my old dorm and now I go there often because not only do 2 of the girls in my small group live on the 8th floor, but I also know about 10 other girls on that floor!) and visited Jane who has fast become one of my good friends this year. We knocked on Lauren's door (in my small group) and distracted her from her work for a bit, before letting her finish and basically I spent the night with Jane, Lauren and 2 other girls on their floor eating dinner and talking in their hallway. I also met yet another girl on their floor so methinks God wants something to happen there :)

Basically, if I had found my card and gone to the gym, I would have worked out with Carrie-Rose and Kaila and that would have been great, but I also probably would have left afterwards and gone home, whereas by not having my ID card I spent more time on campus, got some good time with non-believing girls and even met someone new! Thanks God!! Yeah, I think He knew the second option was the better one - He tends to know that kind of stuff...

Oh!! and what happened to my lost ID card you ask? Well, I figured it was at my apt somewhere because I never take it out of my bag, so I get home and check my desk and dresser and nada - no ID. Oh great. Then I think through how I would get a new one and would I have to buy another gym semester pass if I lost the other one and when I would do all of this, when I stop and figure out the best thing to do is pray, because as a friend told me, when you don't know what to do, pray! So I did just that and I told God that while He knew exactly where my card was I had no idea where it could be. I asked that if it was on campus somewhere a student would find it and hand it in because that was the only option I could see if I dropped it on campus somewhere. So right when I finish I got a thought about where it could be! I was pretty sure I left it with the USC Scheduling Office from Tuesday because Challenge had a table out on the main part of campus this week and I had it on Tuesday. You have to sign in to get the table and *hand in your ID card* which you get back once you sign out. Well, I was smart and I never signed out thus that office must still have my ID card! I called and they did have it and so thank you Jesus for helping me find my card!! I honestly cannot tell you how often that happens to me - where I lose something, pray about it and find it!

So that is just one example of many in these past few weeks of God knowing better than me - I'm sure there will be more to come :)

Oh, and another thing that is totally unrelated but the winter Olympics start next week!! Opening ceremonies next Friday night - woo HOO!! I heart the Olympics :)


And lastly, here is some funny to hopefully make you smile:

No comments:

Post a Comment