His Strength, My Strength

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Could today get any better??


Good afternoon blogging world!! I didn't think I would post again so soon but today was too good to pass up :) I had lunch today with a girl in my small group, Alex, and she decided right then and there to give her life to Christ!! WOW! She said she knew she needed to re-commit and actually walk the walk instead of simply talking the talk and I asked her if she wanted to pray right there at the table or later and she wanted to do it then! So we prayed together and now I have a new sister!! So exciting how God can change hearts - Prov. 21:1!! And the amazing thing is that once we come to Him and give up our own selves, we become a new person - 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

The cool thing is that I've been praying for this day to come for quite some time! She is exactly how I was when I first came to college - being that I had grown up learning stories about God but they were never real to me. Then I found out that I could actually know Jesus personally - totally new thought for me at the time - and I decided the same thing as Alex, to finally start walking the walk and not just talking the talk. I am so excited as she starts this new chapter of her life and I will update with more news later!







PS. just some fun daily trivia: on this date in 1922, English archaeologist Howard Carter finds King Tut's tomb in Egypt :)

No comments:

Post a Comment