His Strength, My Strength

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving: Part I

Seeing as how it is Thanksgiving right around the corner, I thought I would post about some things I’ve been thankful for and get into the spirit of gratitude!

• That I was born in the most free country in the world and can worship God openly and not in fear

• That my rheumatoid arthritis is in remission – I cannot tell you how that makes me super happy to feel normal again and not have to walk around like I’m 90 years old

• For all the fun and free things I’ve been able to enjoy recently: Keith Urban concert in my hometown of Pasadena, Ok Go concert at USC, tree lighting at The Grove (where said hello to Gov. Schwarzenegger!!) and free frozen yogurt at 21 Choices! All in the span of 3 days too! Thanks God for looking out for me :)

• That I have a super awesome family and extended family! I am so thankful that most of us all live within a half hour radius of each other too – it makes holidays such a fun time!!

• That I had an amazing education all the way through! Great schools in Chandler (K-8), Poly (go Panthers!) and USC (Fight on!!)

• That I did not get into my first choice for college because that meant I would have been in Boston when I found out I had RA – yet another example of God knowing better than me :)

• That of the 2 serious injuries I’ve had to my head, none of them were life-threatening and I always felt safe because had an amazing family to walk me through it – plus I got some sweet scars from them!!

• Thankful that nothing is too big or too small for God - I can come to Him with my seemingly impossible problems as well as my stupid ones and He cares about them both

• That I can go to the gym and have it not hurt – yes, another one about my RA being in remission, but it is seriously the best thing in the world! I am able to be active and go surfing and go to the gym multiple times a week! And I can RUN!! I used to not be able to and now I can use treadmills, ellipticals, whatever and it doesn’t hurt!!!

I think I’ll cap it right there and come back later for Part II :)

So excited for Thanksgiving around the corner and looking forward to making some delicious food too!

2 comments:

  1. i had no idea USC wasn't your 1st choice for college! gasp! i'm thankful you went to USC because if you hadn't, i wouldn't be your "sister" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right?!?! scandalous really, but God knew, because not only is USC the best school ever, but it also has the best sorority ever with super cool people like you who share my secret love with the BSB :)

    ReplyDelete