His Strength, My Strength

Friday, November 20, 2009

Peanut butter jelly time!

Okay so I know the title of this makes no sense, but it makes me laugh and thus thought it'd be a good beginner :) In keeping up with the last post, wanted to share some more photos of what I've been up to this semester. One of the best parts thus far has been being able to see the U2 concert when they came here in October (the 25th to be exact). Why am I talking about this? Well, U2 tickets went on sale today for their second run in So Cal and I thought it'd be appropriate, plus, my blog's official title comes from one of their songs!

Basically I got to see U2 at the Rose Bowl when they came out and it was amazing, oh, and did I mention I got to see them for free? AND get paid?? How did I accomplish that feat you might be wondering? Well, a friend on staff with me forwarded me some info the week before the concert, as in, the Monday before their Sunday show. He said a friend of his worked the concert for Blackberry, the main sponsor, in Oklahoma and they needed more people for the Pasadena show! Ummm, yes I will try out! Had to send in my resume, a head shot and body shot (yeah I know...) and then if I seemed normal enough I'd get a group interview and hopefully be selected to work the show! Through God's grace I was chosen for an interview, got selected (!!!!!) and worked about 12 hours that day! (and sadly my friend who told me about the opportunity didn't get chosen...) So I got to the Rose Bowl about 12:15 and was a "brand ambassador" for Blackberry and got to wear a cool fedora:



That was me with one of the girls who was there, Amber, and we were doing our best impression of Zoolander :)

So I worked the VIP area for a little bit, which basically meant I walked the VIPs to their respective tents, a whole 10-20 feet. I was enjoying that job because gave me more face time with the other people working there, but then I got switched to work the actual arena and tell people as they were walking by about the new U2 app on Blackberrys. Incidentally, if you have a Blackberry phone, I can tell you how to download U2's newest album, for free, on your phone :)

Once that was done, we finally got to go into the show at about 9ish, once U2 had already been on stage for a bit. We walk into the stadium, with "Beautiful Day" playing, and we were on the floor! Ironically we were too close to the stage at times because it was hard to see the band unless they came to the edge, but it made for some good pictures!!



Yes, that was Bono and The Edge chilling and singing along!! It was a great night and I am so happy I got the chance to do it! I told God that if I could go I would love it, but if not it's not a huge deal. Thankfully God was gracious to me and gave me the chance!!



The Rose Bowl was full to capacity, as in, FULL. So glad I didn't drive there but my awesome brother picked me up. The "parking lot" (a.k.a. golf course) was a horrendous maze, but in the end, made some friends!



That was definitely a highlight of these past couple months!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the new blog! Good job. I'm impressed you've written so much in such a short time! And it's pretty awesome you got paid to see the U2 concert, even if you did have to wear that amazing outfit ;)

    ReplyDelete