His Strength, My Strength

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Random note: I am thankful I am a morning person. As Thanksgiving is coming up, it's always a good idea to think through things you're thankful for, big and small, and one of my small things is that I am thankful I like the mornings. Why am I even talking about this you might ask? Well, the reason is that I go to the gym on campus at 6am Monday, Wednesday and Friday with some girls to work out and get some good face time in. Yes, it is early and most of the time it's still dark out when I leave at 5:40am, but once I'm up I'm up, I don't need coffee or anything, just a glass of OJ and I am good to go. And it's kind of fun to see all the "regulars" at that insanely early hour at the gym, seeing as how there's only about 20 of us. I usually come with 1-2 girls, that is, if they wake up in time. This past Monday the girl I was supposed to work out with, Jane, texted me while I was on the way and said she couldn't go. Well, I was already driving, so went by myself and when I was stretching, one of the "regulars" asked me where my friend was. Ha haaa - I had to laugh that people actually pay attention to everyone else in there. And while getting up and being on campus by 6am can make for some long days, I wouldn't trade it now because not only is it good for me physically, but it's really fun to work out with these girls and talk while we're standing awkwardly in front of the mirrors with our weights. We call it "partying at Club de Lyon" to make it sound more appealing, because the name of the gym here is the Lyons Center. So, once again, I just have to thank God that He made me a morning person who is able to be awake and alert, even when it's 6am.




And speaking of being thankful and going to the gym, just had to voice another note of gratitude for my rheumatoid arthritis still being in remission!! There is no way I could go to the gym otherwise, so thank you Jesus for giving me a break from it! It almost makes me want to jump up for joy....


And I did!

What are some things you're thankful for as we come near Thanksgiving??

1 comment:

  1. wow i'm impressed with your gym routine!! my gym outings occur no earlier than 3:30pm. i'm glad you are still in remission! that is truly something to be thankful for :-)

    ReplyDelete